Trip overview :
Tibet, on the lofty Tibetan Plateau on the northern side of the Himalayas, is an autonomous region of China. It’s nicknamed the “Roof of the World” for its towering peaks. It shares Mt. Everest with Nepal. Its capital, Lhasa, is site of hilltop Potala Palace, and Jokhang Temple, Tibet’s spiritual heart, revered for its golden statue of the young Buddha
You will be taken through the ancient city of Lhasa which is filled with unparalleled history, culture,heritage and beauty. The Potala Palace dominates the skyline with its powerful and ancient eastern architecture.
Tsedang, situated 138 miles southeast of Lhasa is the gateway to the ancient Yarlung valley – the base from where Yarlung kings unified Tibet. It was only later that the power center moved to Lhasa when King Songtsen Gambo of 7th century moved his capital to Lhasa. Samye Monastery is the first Buddhist monastery of Tibet and is a testimony of the acceptance of Buddhism in Bon dominated Tibet.
Potala and Norbulingkha palaces, Drepung and Sera – the two great Gelug Monasteries, Jorkhang Temple – the ancient Buddhist temple and Barkhor Street make the most interesting heritage tours . Ancient Yambulakhang palace, Tradruk Temple and burial mounds of Tibetan kings are worth visiting.
Day 01: Flight to Lhasa.
Day 02: In Lhasa.
Day 03: In Lhasa.
Day 04: Lhasa to Tsedang via Samye Monastery (3,100m/ 10,168ft, 122miles, 4 hrs). Day 05: In Tsedang. (B)
Day 06: Departure (55 miles, 2 hrs).
Detailed Program :
Arrival in airport & transfer to the hotel in Lhasa . Rest of the day free to explore the surroundings and time acclimatization . Overnight at the hotel .
Full day of sightseeing in Lhasa covering Potala Palace – the cardinal landmark of Lhasa, Sera Monastery, Norbulinka - the summer retreat of the Dalai Lama. Overnight at the hotel .
Today after brekfast we will visit Drepung Monastery , visit the ancient Jorkhang Temple – the holiest shrine in Tibet and the Barkhor Street that forms the pilgrim circuit around the Jorkhang Temple. Overnight at the hotel .
Drive to Tsedang. En route, cross the Yarlungdzangbo River by ferry and visit the Samye Monastery - the first monastery of Tibet. Upon arriving in Tsedang, check in to the hotel. Free time to explore the surroundings . Overnight at the hotel .
Today after breakfast we will vsit Tradruk Temple, Yambulakhang Palace and burial mounds of Tibetan kings. Overnight at the hotel .
Today after breakfast we transfer to Gongar airport.
- All the required airport transfers
- Private vehicle for transfers and sightseeing
- Service of english speaking tour guide
- Twin share accomodations
- Daily breakfast & Dinner in the local restaurant .
- Entrance fees at the places of visit
- Sightseeing and excursions as per the program .
- All the government taxes /Government Royalty
- Tibet Travel permit
Welcome and Farewell with KHADA Scarf , Welcome drink , 01 bottle of mineral water every day during sightseeing ).
Services exclude :
- Travel insurance
- Flight cost to and from Lhasa ( Tibet)
- International flight cost
- Emergency rescue
- Expenses of personal nature like drinks/barbills , internet, laundry, telephone, postage, tipping.
- Expenses arising from from flight delays, flight cancellations, bad weather , road blockade,landslides, riots,political reasons ,natural calamities, incidents beyond our control, non issuance of visa, expensense arising from Sudden closure of tibet .
- Room/hotel upgrading
- Services other than specified in the inclusions.